PROBLEM: High Relapse and Cost of Re-admissions
21.5 million American adults (aged 12 and older) battled a substance use disorder in 2014. The latest numbers show that more than 72,000 Americans died of a drug overdose in 2017, most of them involving opioids.
Almost 200 people die every day from drug overdoses and this rate has quintupled in the past 20 years and now represents over $500 billion in national economic costs. With relapse rates conservatively estimated between 40 and 60 percent the opioid epidemic is devastating.
SOLUTION: HipoChat Sober Social App
- Familiar, easy to use mobile Social Network application
- On discharge pre-loaded with support staff contacts from treatment center
- One click emergency Trigger Button to help guide away from relapse situations
- Regular communication and daily motivational content we call the “Care Connection” pushed to mobile maintain bond with treatment center and support groups.
- If needed, easy path back to facility reducing time and cost for readmissions.
PROBLEM: Transition Challenges
Access to cash critical for reintegration into daily routines and living. The temptation of misuse of funds makes cash from friends and family difficult and traditional pre-paid cash cards not a good option due to lack of control.
SOLUTION: GoHipo Cash Card
- Restricted debit card allows treatment facilities and/or family members to add, remove, restrict and monitor the use of funds.
- Easily add funds when needed.
- Granular control on how card is used such as limiting to certain items or times of use.